Monday, October 4, 2010

Ryan's decision...

I've been praying real hard for the Lord to begin to work in my little Ryan's heart. Last night, he was having trouble falling asleep, so he came to snuggle with me in my bed. I was asking him about what he learned in church yesterday morning and asked, "who loves you, Ryan?" and he said "God!" (disclaimer: he also added Becca, Mommy, Daddy, Levi, Nathan, and Caleb in there too!) I asked Ryan if he believed in Jesus and wanted to ask Jesus in his heart so that he could go to Heaven. I explained again about how Jesus died for all the bad things that we've done and told him that Jesus can help him make the right decisions. I asked him if he wanted to pray a prayer with me, and he nodded his head. So, I led him in a little prayer of salvation, and he said it with all of his heart!

I'm not quite sure that he completely understands the decision that he made last night., but nowhere in the Bible does is say that one must "understand" to be saved--it only says one must believe. After we prayed and were talking a little bit about all the people (and animals-ha!) that he would see in Heaven, he almost started to cry and said, "Mommy, I don't want to go to Heaven. I want to stay here so I can play with Connor". Oh, my heart just broke for the poor little guy. He really thought that he was going to go to Heaven right then and there! But that almost makes it more special because he chose to trust Jesus enough that he asked Him in to come into his heart fully believing that he would go to Heaven that very minute. Ryan was quite relieved when I told him that he didn't have to go to Heaven right away :)

I'm excited for my little man and I just pray that the decision he made last night at least laid a foundation for him to make a fully conscious choice to follow Jesus later on his life. Pray for him!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Will be praying for him AND his buddy Jack! =)

    ReplyDelete