Tuesday, October 5, 2010

turning my worries into prayers...

"If things go great, then God is God and God is good. If things go horribly wrong, God is still God and God is still good."

I forget which wonderful pastor of mine told us this a couple of weeks ago in church, but I was reminded this morning of this promise--that God is good no matter what.

I worry. I am a worrier. I worry in the morning that I won't get anything that I am supposed to accomplished. I worry throughout the day that I'm not doing the things that I am supposed to be doing. I worry at night when I realize that the majority of the plans I had set out for the day have not actually gotten done. I worry.

I also worry about the bigger things: if i am a good enough wife and mother, about my childrens' salvation, about providing for my family, about our budget, and about our future.

It hit me this morning when I was looking over my prayer journal for the past two years that I should turn all that worrying into PRAYING. This particular prayer journal was started in 2008, after a pretty dark time in my life and my marriage. I wrote a few prayers to God, but then, apparently, my worrying took the place of my prayers and I didn't write in this journal for over 2 years!

A lot has happened in these past two years. We lost two babies to miscarriage. I started working. I lost my job. We were blessed with the miracle of Connor's life. Our other little ones have gotten so big! Chris and I have grown and changed so much as a couple. I see now that all the worries that I turned over to God in these prayers written over 2 years ago were taken care of, even though I wasn't paying attention. I want to pay attention now.

God's plan is perfect. I can see looking through the pages of this journal and the pages of my life, that God cares about every little detail--even the ones that we don't even think twice about. He's been working out the tiny little details of my life to bring it all together at just the right time. He did that without my help and even without my cooperation at times because He loves me. Yes, bad things have happened, good things have happened, and very sad things have happened. But our God in His awesomeness has put together His perfect plan for my life (and yours!) that no amount of worrying will change.

Today, I'm turning my worrying into praying and trusting Jesus to take care of all the details that only He and I know about...

No comments:

Post a Comment