Friday, February 12, 2010

I have not been out of this house since Tuesday morning. I could get out with a little work digging out the van, but that motivation hasn't exactly hit yet. But nothing else makes you feel much crazier than being trapped in a 1200 sq. ft home with 3 needy children for 3 days. Hubby is on dayshifts (which is weird for him and dare i say, i might actually like him on swing shifts better? hmmm) and doesn't get home until supper time or after, so it's pretty much been me and the kiddos. I sooo wish I could be one of those supermoms who likes to do crafts and projects and bake with the kids. But i don't. I love actually doing it, but the planning and the cleaning up...not so much. So my kids are bored, I am bored, and we are just completely driving each other crazy. I think Connor even has cabin fever.

But in the midst of the crazies setting, i've had a lot time to accomplish things that I have been wanting to for a long time. The laundry piles are dwindling, the dishes are clean, the kitchen is ALMOST organized, and I've ran a mile on the treadmill twice so far this week. I've never run a mile straight in my life, I'm pretty sure.

Becca just walked in the living room and said, "Mom, you left your coffee by my computer. And guess what? I love it" Oh no! What did I do? But, hey, it was the first time i laughed out loud all day.

Maybe I should have "snow weeks" more often....umm...nevermind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment